Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Best Friend Post.

In my life, so far, I've found the bestest of friends. People who feel my pain when I'm hurt whether they've been through it or not, people who care even if they have their own shit to go through, people who will never hesitate to help, people who can tell you you're wrong, people who are just the best damn thing to me.

Initially, I wanted to write a blog post about how my life didn't go the way it was suppose to then I thought about the people who stayed in my life needless of what was happening.

In my life, I've gone through many friendships, some that lasted three years and I got backstabbed, left alone on the fourth year, some that lasted 2 years and I got called a "bitch" because of all the boy candy I was dating, some that just had an ulterior motive, some that were unexpected but randomly we became best friends anyway. You see even after all these happened, believe it or not, I've forgiven all of them and right now, I can name at least 2 names from those categories who are still my best friends. Of course the others are just merely my friends now but at least I'm over what they did to me :)

In malaysia, I've been studying with the same batch since std 1, some newbies came in and made it interesting of course (: we have all been through almost everything together cause we do almost everything together. There were some who went out of the box.. whether it was their first drink, their first cig, their first time doing anything illegal at all, we all still stood by each other without any judgement. Okay, maybe no judgement is exaggerating, there was judgement but in the end, we lived with it cause we know there's nothing we can do about it. Besides, what are friends for in these situations? When you're up, your friends know who you are but when you're down, you know who your friends are :)

I was a good girl in Malaysia so I practically the girl who sat and kept listening to people's stories. I learned from their regrets, misery, happiness and everything, ya know? Even without experiencing it, I learned from them. I told myself not to go through the same things. But we all knew, even I did that I had to go through some of those shit whether I wanted to or not :) It was just wishful thinking coming from my part.

When I started living in Singapore, I didn't know what to expect. I told myself "There's no way you can find friends you already have back in Malaysia so just wing it." but I was wrong, really wrong. I did find those friends. Friends who were different. I was exposed to different kinds of people. Hell, I have a best friend who is a complete opposite from me and how we've maintained our friendship? We don't even know. From here, I became more outgoing, I did stuff I never thought I would do. I can't say I'm proud of all of them but I've learned from some of them.

I have the best of both worlds, really do. I'm grateful I was blessed with these friends :) Through thick and thin, I can depend on them and they know they can depend on me too. Nothing can express the way I feel for them so cheers guys, I love you.

SW.